Anyone who is new to our website will be keen to start getting the most out of it. As well as being able to apply and search for jobs, make new contacts and join groups you can also use the Answers section of the website. This is a great tool that anyone who is a member can use to ask and answer questions that they or other people might have as well as read questions that other people have asked previously. So here is a little run down on how to get started on using this fantastic section of our website.
- Click on the Answers tab that is located near the right hand top corner of your screen. Here you can choose one of the specific sections from a drop down box such as: the answer home page, advanced search, ask a question, answer a question and My Q&A.
- If you go to the home page you will see recently asked questions by other members of our website. You will also be able to choose from the question categories by clicking on one of the words that are on the right hand of the screen. You will also see that there is a shortcut to asking or answering a question here too.
- If you want to ask a question you can do this from the Answer home page – simply type your question in the box that is marked ‘Ask a question’ once you have written it you should click on ‘Submit this question’ and it will be available for other people to view and answer.
- For the Advanced Search click onto this drop down box and you will be able to search through all the current open and closed questions by either choosing a category or entering a search term. Many people will use this type of search to see if anyone else has asked the same question that you are thinking of as this can be quite common on most online business networking websites.
- If you would like to take a look at the questions that have been asked by other people, if you would like to see if you can answer then go to the ‘answer a question section’. Form here you will be able to see all of the open and closed questions that have been asked. If you notice a question that you know the answer to and it is still open you will be able to answer it. You might also notice that some questions will have more than one answer and if you choose to respond one of these will be yours. In some cases it can be really useful to have more than one answer to a question as different people may approach a subject in different, but still valid ways.
- Finally you can also see all of the questions that you have personally asked and answered in the My Q&A section. This will provide you with a list of all your activity with regard to questions and answers, so if you are new to the website and have not yet asked or answered any questions it will be blank. However over time this will become populated with any queries or answers you have had.
As you can see using the Answers section on our website is really straightforward. In fact once you have spent a few minutes looking at the previous questions and answers you will soon get the hang of what you are doing. So make the most of this tool and ask any questions that you might have that are relevant to the website and you could have some industry leaders replying to you and giving you some invaluable advice.