- Be Helpful – help as much people as you can within your contact network. Give advice personally, academically and even try and source information for the individual. By helping your network on Salam Business Club you immediately start building relationships, trust and possibly more business contacts.
- Be Present – I have noticed this a few times, some members only log on and accept contacts or update their profile once the weekly newsletter is out. Participate daily, just by changing your status and giving a cool and inspiring quote – You might just make someone’s day.
- Be Social – Some members refuse to add me to their network. Yes believe it! It’s weird, I won’t stalk you. In fact I could give you some secret tips or give you feedback on our Job and Answers section we launching soon. Chat about future features or even things you’d like to see… It’s just not about you.
- SHARE the LOVE – Exactly that – In Social/Business Networking it’s not just about you. It’s about serving others as well. Teach your contacts and other members about your business, your experiences and vision. Who knows, they might help you secure a good business deal one day soon or find you a job.
- PAY it FORWARD – Chris Brogan recommends reaching out to contacts even when you don’t have a business concern. He tries to touch base with a few contacts every week for no other reason than to check in and see how things are going. “The thing I think people do a little wrong in social networking is they reach out only when they have an issue — when they’ve lost their job, or they need you out of the blue.”
Keep well – and feel free to connect with me!